HOW DID WE REACH THE CONCEPT OF 'THEME MONTHS' ???
After an E-FAITH call in January 2017, a large number of topics were proposed by volunteers and associations from all over Europe. Our thanks go to all those who contributed to the discussion.
>> there were more proposals than months available,
thus we organised a poll to know the preferences
THE RESULTS WERE :
- Adaptive re-use of industrial buildings: 24%
- Energy, power ad prime movers: 16%
- Museums of industry, science and technology: 13%
- Coal, iron and steel: 9%
- "Clothe the naked": textiles and textile fibres: 5%
- Harbours and harbour cranes: 5%
- Inland transport (roads, canals, railroads,...): 5%
- Watermills and windmills: 4%
- Public services (water, electricity, gas, sewers,...): 4%
- Water towers and water distribution: 4%
- Agriculture, food processing, beverages: 4%
- Building materials and the building industry: 2%
- Factory chimneys: 2%
- Small enterprises (SMEs): 2%
- Social aspects, workers housing and life conditions: 2%
As a result we combined similar topics - trying to create a rich and strong programme
• February : no specific theme, but associations are requested to present and promote their local/regional industrial heritage
• March : Energy, power ad prime movers - from mills to nuclear energy.
• April : Coal, iron and steel, including also other types of mining and quarries
• May : factory chimneys
• June : The urban environment
• July and August: Travel and transport on land, water and through the air
• September : take care of European Open Heritage Days.
• October : Adaptive re-use
• November : Concluding conference: "Industrialization, science and technology, Key to European integration” ("L'industrialisation, la science et la technologie, facteur clé de l'intégration européenne")
|USING A FORM LOCAL ASSOCIATIONS COULD SHOW INTEREST IN THIS APPROACH
WE RECEIVED DOZENS OF RESPONSES